Available Position: Estimator
Position Overview: EW Howell is seeking an Estimator to join our process-oriented Estimating department in our Plainview (Long Island) office. Candidates must meet the qualification requirements below to be considered for this position;
- Knowledge of pre-construction and budgeting (Schematic, Design Development, etc.) and maintaining budgets, including GMP over an extended period of time.
- Comprehensive knowledge of drawings, specifications and means & methods, and ability to manage all resources for estimate.
- Manage complete estimate(s) from start to finish, including detailed scoping, take-offs (digital) and correspondence with subcontractors. Ability to meet critical project deadline.
- Prepare preliminary schedule for estimating purposes using Microsoft Project.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision or in a team setting working with other departments to compile complete bids.
- Attend pre-bid site visits and post-bid meetings as needed.
- Maintain and update all necessary project files.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Construction Management, Estimating, Engineering or a combination.
- Minimum of 3 years in Construction Estimating with knowledge of bidding commercial construction projects (Education, Healthcare, Retail, Hospitality, etc.) with size range of $5M – $60M, including all trade disciplines.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and estimating software programs preferred, but not required.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “ESTIMATOR” in the subject