Available Position: Senior Estimator
Position Overview: EW Howell, a Long-Island based General Contractor performing work in LI, NYC, Westchester and Northern NJ areas is seeking a Senior Estimator to join our process-oriented Estimating department. Candidates must meet the qualification requirements below to be considered for this position;
- Minimum 4-year degree in Construction Management, Estimating, Engineering or combination of both.
- Minimum of 8-10 years in General Construction Estimating with knowledge of bidding Commercial construction projects (Education, Healthcare, Retail, Hospitality, etc.) with a size range of $25M – $100M, including all trade disciplines.
- Knowledge of pre-construction and budgeting (Conceptual, Schematic, Design Development, etc.) and maintaining budgets, including GMP projects over an extended period of time.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision or in a team setting working with other departments to compile complete bids.
- Attend pre-bid site visits and post-bid meetings.
- Comprehensive knowledge of drawings, specifications and means & methods, and ability to manage all resources for estimate.
- Manage complete estimate(s) from start to finish, including detailed scoping, take-offs (digital) and correspondence with subcontractors.
- Prepare preliminary schedule for estimating purposes using Microsoft Project.
- Maintain and update project files.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and estimating software programs preferred, but not required.
- Please provide list of 5-10 previously bid projects with values.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “SENIOR ESTIMATOR” in the subject