DAIRY BARN RESTORATION
The Dairy was originally built in 1870, and was built to fulfill the dairy needs of the people of the city. It provided a ready fresh supply of fresh milk to those traveling to the park. Today, the Dairy serves as a general visitor center and provides the public with information of the design of Central park, current park events and programs.
Keeping with the original design that is whimsical combination of architectural steels that has been characterized as Victorian Gothic, EW Howell completed the full renovation and restoration of the historic dairy building. Our restoration of the Dairy included restoring its historic open-air porch; repairing, cleaning, and repointing the exterior masonry; replacing windows and doors, including an accessible entrance door; a new climate control system; and more.
NEW YORK, NY
ARTS & CULTURE
5,000 SQ FT
5,000 sf renovation & restoration.